Thursday, April 12, 2007

why, oh why you wear sunglasses in the home when the sun went down about an hour ago?

i read in a magazine two summers ago that the white frames are a no-no. well suprise, suprise- they're all over the place this summer. i haven't quite made my mind about the white frames yet, they're a bit fake and cheap looking, and they stand out a bit too much for me. as ms. salaun mentions in the ny times article it's '80s in the shades, "if you're wearing white frames you want to be noticed." a sign of trying too hard? i've never considered buying white shades, i really prefer the dark framed, mysterious kind, but these below have made me think twice. especially those foldables- how cool are they?


250 adam kimmel selima optique

adam kimmel from selima optique, $250

325 sol moscot opticians

proenza schouler from sol moscot opticians, $325

129.95 ray-ban wayfarers

ray-ban wayfarers from ray-ban.com, $129.95

it's finally that time of the year- when anna wintour decides to put models on the cover of us vogue! some of our favorite models are to be on the cover- coco rocha, jessica stam, sasha pivovarova, lily donaldson, agyness deyn, hilary rhoda, doutzen kroes, raquel zimmerman, caroline trentini, chanel iman. what do you think? if you ask me, i don't get what all the hype is about on chanel iman- i'm not fond of her look so much.

the ankle boots on the girl from the previous post are from malo by the way.

source: nytimes.com

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Ray-Ban Warefarers best...with white shades the design should be simple. I don't really like the Proenza Schouler shades because they have that aviator look. It would take a really chic person to pull them off.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, do you want to exchange links? I already added you to my links list, so we're not really exchanging, but you get the idea...

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm do you know of a site or store in L.A. that sells those boots?

8:18 PM  
Blogger molly said...

i think all the hype over chanel iman is based on her awesome name

if my name was like dorinda stardust id be a model too

8:48 PM  
Blogger Emilieee said...

I wished I could look nice in those white sunnies. Too bad.. it's not. It looks bit dramatic on me.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Flavia Flanders said...

when everybody said nono, i said yes yes.. but now the shape of that old shades is not so pretty, is kinda very small for my face, that's why i regret buying it.. (and they were kinda expensive..)
cya,
+molly g.+

5:05 AM  
Blogger stilettoheights said...

white shades always look like they were purchased at the Dollar General, no matter who makes them.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

That Proenza shade <3!

10:41 AM  
Blogger -ciao bella- said...

love the ray-ban ones. i just bought them in black :-) . xx

12:02 PM  
Blogger indigomast said...

i like the last ones the best.

12:28 PM  
Blogger MarĂ­a said...

I love the Proenza Schouler.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're too trendy. And too 80s-reminiscent. I do have to say that I love Proenza Schouler, though -- they're GENIUS!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was all yeah white frames because they are borderline awesome/tragic. However, the first celeb that I saw wearing them was Paris. And now I just can't bring myself to touch them. If I could afford those Proenza ones though, I'd be tempted.

5:07 PM  
Blogger mareGa said...

I would do the Proenza Schouler ones, without a doubt...

I'm mad because Freja and Irina are not between the ones in the cover!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I don't like white shades myself. They look cheap, and even Proenza Schouler can't change that.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that shades can be crazy like shoes and look beautiful. also, when people say that things are "out" or "not cool" they're just asking for people to show them up. :)

----i totally agree with you. I don't really think that iman is amazing as a model, but her legs are a MILE long! i also think she looked decent in the april Teen v. issue.

9:12 AM  
Blogger fashionnerd said...

i have one... never wore it out... i used to take it everywhere with me in the handbag but never bring it out... haha... y did i bother???? and that was when i was in the sunny perth... now in singapore, i already get strange look even without 'em... i might just whip them out sometime... XD

7:24 AM  
Blogger Model Citzen said...

I tried these white glasses at Henri Bendels this week, and I looked awful in them! I was really hoping that wasn't the case, because I love them.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Nina Perlman said...

those foldables are great, its such a simple touch that adds so much character!

and ray-ban wayfarers are just always increadible, i wear my black ones non-stop.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker