Friday, May 04, 2007

another obsession.

sorry for not posting in a month and randomly disappearing off the blog world, i tend to do that sometimes. i've just been devoting a lot of my time to preparing for an a.p exam- u.s. history. it's a drag.
yy
my latest designer obsession. a lot of the times i find his designs to be mystic, sexy and 'quiet', whatever that may mean. people have refered to him as just more than a fashion designer, he is a poet who brings his work of art onto the runway. his designs are not exactly the glamourous type, rarely seen on the red carpet or any other social event, you may even say that his work represents the exact opposite. one thing i love the most about him is his uniqueness that sets him so far apart from the others. i read an interview of him in visionaries and i was immediately intrigued. 'like a pendulum, real clothes and costume, yesterday and today. With my two hands, I have mixed the ridiculousness and absurdity of costume and the boringness of real clothes, like creating the salad dressing for nouvelle cuisune.' i'm not quite sure what he even means by that, but here's a segment of the interview that may be more understanding, 'where i was born,' yamamoto once told me, speaking so quietly that i had to strain to hear him, 'there were very many prostitutes. And they were wearing high heels and strong lipstick. And really, I was afraid. I was scared. Because they looked very, very wild. Very, very wild and scary. Not natural. And after I became a designer, i still have the same reaction to high heels and strong lipstick. I get very scared.' i guess that's one of the reasons why he tends to use flats and very mute makeup on the runways. enjoy the amazing photos.
untitled
2
3
4
1
by the way, this is my 100th post! thanks to all who visit and you're comments and responses mean alot to me- hope to do another 100!
souce:style.com

24 Comments:

Blogger Emilieee said...

His design is totally different with western designer I think. The design is more to low-profile cos it doesn't show up "flesh" as much as the western designer brands. But it's fulled with details. LOVE those black dresses!

10:04 PM  
Blogger a said...

partay! I'm still waiting for my 100th... I love the clothes, the white dress reminds me of somethign alexander mcq would do... but simpler, which is a nice change from all this weird stuff people are designing now

2:11 AM  
Blogger discotheque confusion said...

yayy Happy 100th!

Never heard of this designer before. The hair in the collection with the bright orange dress reminds me of the Alexander McQueen hair from spring.

Glad to have you back!

S xx

3:00 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

god, those pics are amazing. i'm only on like my 22nd post...so one day I hope to have 100 as well!
great post

7:26 AM  
Blogger -ciao bella- said...

Wow what absolutely amazing clothes! I am loving that cropped black jacket and that orange dress! Actually scratch that- all the clothes are absolutely lovely!

7:51 AM  
Blogger -S said...

love it!
and congrats on your 100th!

9:22 AM  
Blogger T said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Maybe you'll get a hundred comments? ;)

5:23 PM  
Blogger indigomast said...

100 woohoo!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

HAPPY 100
sorry i'm a little to heavy on the caps these days...

10:18 PM  
Blogger mareGa said...

Besides his designs: look at that face. I mean. How sweet and peaceful and wise looks the man. Or is it men. Hell forgive me, I'm Miss. English as a Second language. Hahhaha.

11:53 PM  
Blogger MarĂ­a said...

Congratulations!

I find him very interesting. I am reading a costume history book and he is there! He went down in history, his clothes were a revolution during the late 80's and 90's.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Carolina Lange said...

Amazing! Love his designs!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Flavia Flanders said...

amazing post.. congrats and happy 100!
cya,
+molly g.+

8:58 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

that so kl happy 100 i am only on my good pictures

9:30 AM  
Blogger F.M. said...

Congratulations!

2:32 PM  
Blogger molly said...

wow 100 already!
thanks for 100 amazing posts and im excited for the next 100

as for the designer, i didnt even need to see his designs, i knew he was cool as soon as i saw his picture

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Happy 100th post, lovely! I love the heaviness of each outfit and how they flow. I've never been a big fan of his, though.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Z said...

what a cool blog you have here...its so different from other fashion blogs ive seen.
check mine out at
wewillsavetheworld.blogspot.com

3:01 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Congradulations on your 100th post!!!
---
his designs all seem very loose and dreamy, very beautiful
--
x sara o

5:36 PM  
Blogger molly said...

i really like that prostitute quote, very interesting
I LOVE this guy!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Tru said...

congrats on your 100 post...the designer is pretty fab and as for the Ap exam I took it last year in US history so I feel your pain...good luck. I'm sure you'll get a 4 or 5

12:37 PM  
Blogger Poshhh said...

yeppp same guy, i just wrote a blog about him you should read it haha
xxxx

6:11 PM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

Suddenly I'm struck with the image of Yamamoto cowering in the corner of a brothel full of prostitutes in high heels and "strong" lipstick. Poor guy! And I love the salad dressing reference. Weird.
Congrats on 100 posts. Damn, that's a lot. I gotta step up!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Model Citzen said...

happy 100th! I was wondering what happened to you

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker