Wednesday, May 09, 2007

party of the year.

191m
first of all, congrats to Alber Elbaz for making the TIME 100. Natalie Portman actually wrote the article on him for TIME- "he's the ultimate fashion philosopher-mentor. he says things to me like "wear flats. you're short. it's much cooler not to pretend."- favorite part of the article, i find it a bit amusing and unexpected that one would tell a short person not to wear high heels. He also has a new fragrance comming out, which i am very excited for and i'm pretty sure it'll be as lovely as his designs!

onto the costume institute gala, my favorite looks of the night were all from jean paul gualtier couture.
coco rocha
i thought coco rocha looked stunning and lovable in the golden gown along with the designer himself, jean paul gaultier.
camilla belle
camilla belle looked every bit radiant in this look.
summer trend: fellows from facehunter has convinced me that i must work red into my summer's wardrobe. take inspiration, my personal favorite is the lady with the red jacket:
R0030443RedCardieR0033793
Kirsten-D-2_preview_0
a love it or hate it item: kirsten's orange dress paired off with lovely white gladiator sandals- i'm guessing jill sander. i personally love the tailoring and shape of the dress, the waist is just perfectly shaped- i love how it curves upward and out, perfection!
source: time.com, style.com, facehunter.blogspot.com

17 Comments:

Blogger -ciao bella- said...

Wow most definitely going to have to pick Time up just to read that article on Alber Elbaz. That's so cool how Natalie Portman wrote it on him- I'm really interested. Anyway moving on- Camilla Belle looks absolutely stunning in that dress! She looks so sophisticated with that hairstyle and everything. And as for that dress that Kirsten is wearing- I think that it looks way too old and granny-ish for her, but then again she almost always dresses like that so whatever. But I do reall like her shoes.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great post, love your blog. im normally not a big kirsten fan (saw her in person once, she was really mean) but i must give it to her she can pull off this look without even trying!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I love the wide skirted femme with the red shoes.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Fiona said...

(A) Coco Rocha looks like a Pre-Raphaelite painter's muse...beautiful.
(B) That may be my favorite look from Camilla Belle...ever.
(C) I have already been staring at that first Facehunter pic. for a while. Red and grey is a good combo...I just have to make sure it doesn't look too Ohio State

5:30 AM  
Blogger stilettoheights said...

love the hints of red, very cool

5:56 AM  
Blogger Emilieee said...

Well.. Alber Elbaz is genius.. love his design.. And the red boot is so stunning.. I like the wide skirt of the first picture from Face Hunter too.

Have a nice weekend in Ohio!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mash said...

Coco and Jean Paul are both gorgeous together and Camilla's dress is like whaou .She's stunning.

9:48 AM  
Blogger -S said...

yes post! new post! new post! excuse my excitement...

10:59 AM  
Blogger holly said...

i love camilla belle's dress, sexy in a kind of... non-sexy way

p.s it's holly! I don;t know if you remember me... it's been a while!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Tru said...

coc did look fab...that quote is priceless and so cool, great philosophy....as from KD, I think its okay but nothing special and as for the red. love it

1:16 PM  
Blogger a said...

i dont really like the colour of that dress on kiki, it washes her out a bit. I dont know, I'm a little biased because I dont really like kirsten dunst that much

9:20 AM  
Blogger Carolina Lange said...

Camila Belle looks so beautiful in that dress! Love that red shoes, I'm crazy about red shoes!

5:07 PM  
Blogger molly said...

hmm...wouldnt say i HATE it, but im definitely not a fan

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ladybird said...

Have to keep visiting your blog honey, great work, keep it up! Certainly loving that dress Kirsten wears!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said...

I love Alber Elbaz, he always comes across as absolutely lovely in interviews. That pic with the wide trousers and red cardi - I'm sure it's The Sartorialist and not Face Hunter?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Asi Mod said...

Wow! Alber Elbaz put on a lot of weight. Great article on Alber.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Diana Coronado said...

Nice pics!!
I hope u can make a read to my blog.
Hope u like it !!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker