Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Milan fashion week!!

feather skirts and gold frills were both spotted at Proenza Schouler and Burberry, it must mean something? if these are the trends of our upcomming summer, then i am very pleased indeed. whoever thought of making skirts out of feathers is a genius. it's such a big break from the usual denim and peasant skirts. too bad i won't be able to afford Proenza or Buberry anytime soon.

burberry ss08

looks from Burberry ss08

gold

personally, i never really liked gold on clothes. it looked a bit tacky and weird to me, but they looked spectacular at Proenza and Burberry.

i've also spotted a few tye dye techniques being used on the runway- what do we think?

tye dye

Balenciaga fw07, Zac Posen and Giles ss08

btw, what do we think of Agyness and brown hair? she died it Stam-red for Giles, which i must admit did not look as good on her, but the new brown looks lovely. she seems to be opening alot more shows this season. random, but where did Hilary Rhoda go?!
source:style.com

16 Comments:

Blogger -S said...

tie dye is one of those weird things that try to catch on, but never do. It can seem so tacky, but at times, it can be elegant, if done right.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Weekly Blogette said...

what amazing collections!
p.s.check out my blog!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Othalia said...

hmmmm...tye dye? not so sure about that...I would still marry Nicholas Ghesquiere, I love him!

8:01 AM  
Blogger riz said...

ummm, yeah i don't know about you, but i was like, why is agyness the opener for EVERY show?? I mean she's a fine model but i'm getting a bit tired of seeing her everywhere. some of my fave models i feel don't get as much press. but i guess she's the hot thing right now...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Bojana said...

Not fond of the tye-dye at Balenciaga but on those dresses it looks beautiful, it perfectly goes with the dreamy mood.

And Burberry seems to be a great show!!

Nice post

1:09 AM  
Blogger WendyB said...

I love Agyness with the dark hair! I'm happy to see a model become really prominent. Too many of them were looking too interchangeable to me for too long!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mash said...

I totally love Agyness with brown hair , she looks very different :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

I was looking very good if it was Aygness walking her walk, being a brunette. But it looks good on her!

I like the blue-ish square dresses at Burberry!

12:32 PM  
Blogger discotheque confusion said...

Yes, interesting, I think brown hair may be what Agyness needs!

Thats a good point about Hilary actually, where is she? I love a bit of Hilary!

S xx

3:37 PM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I love the tye dye designs. Not a fan of the gold fabrics. And I don't know how practical the feather dresses are. I mean, how do you sit in that thing?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Z said...

i loove the first dress in the second row of tye-dye: i i love the was tye dye looks when put on something like an evening gown, its such a great contrast!
great blog!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Ella Gregory said...

I haven't had a chance to look at these collections yet but from the look of this post I'm in for a treat
it all looks so amazing!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Hildur said...

I loved this post! Proenza Schouler SS08 collection was amazing in my opinion. And I agree with you on gold, it can look tacky but it was great at both shows.
I think Agyness looks fab with brown hair!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Carolina Lange said...

Agynnes is looking amazing with brown hair!
Great collections, Giles is my favourite!

8:20 AM  
Blogger riz said...

yes it is sad that valentino is retiring, i may have to do a special post on hism after ParisFW is over...

9:02 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

it's so hard to part with platinum agy! im slowly adjusting to the brown...it looks great too.

where did hilary rhoda go? WHERE DID LILY COLE GO??? seriously...i havent seen anyyy of her.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker